Smudger was ordered by the manager Bertram miller prior to the railway’s opening. But when Bertram was built in secret as a surprise (by the earl) for the manager the numbering got messed up. Resulting in Smudger staying No. 2, John No. 3 and Bertram No. 4
When the Sodor regiment served in Northern France during WWI they had acquired a captured french 0-4-0 (Millie) when the war was over the Earl brought her back to Sodor and had Stanley reserved for him to buy for the MSR
Because the Arlesdale Railway can’t exist in this timeline the personalities of some of its engines have been transferred over to some MSR engines. Bert=Tim,Rex=Jim, Frank=Kerr (a maintenance diesel) Tit for Tat and Useful Railway still happen
During construction the earl Sir John Arnold Norramby asked Mister Drixon of Kirkleas to donate a significant amount of funds towards the completion of the two needed tunnels on the mountain road. Because of these tunnels the railway is later able to properly transport-
In 1936 the Boat trains ceased to run however the coaches were kept at Bridge Street sheds. 3 Engines were withdrawn and were kept at Arlesdale Works. Tim, Jim and Albert. However Duke, Stuart and Falcon remained in service until 1953 when passenger services were reopened and-
Smudger came first then was withdrawn in 1902 and converted to be a generator. Stanley was turned into a pumping engine and after failing in 1947 has been left in the flooded ruins of Cas-ny-hawin mine. He didn’t survive his “failure”
Bertram worked alongside Duke until 1934 when he was withdrawn and shunted to the now abandoned Sodor Gold Co. The son of his last driver is the signalman we see in Toby’s Discovery. Also that episode still happens.
Duke’s shed was built by his grace and was constructed out of the finest stone and a timber roof. No expense was spared. Duke loved it. (and in the normal universe its because of this shed that Duke survived being entombed in earth)
Every other year a steam rally is held at Arlesburgh Harbor of which Duke and Jim are normal attendants. Skarloey was once brought over for the rally. The rally’s location alternates between Cros-ny-cuirn and Arlesburgh each year.
Alfred was scrapped in 1936 in order to provide enough parts for Atlas’ overhaul. Atlas misses him a lot. After the mine closed in 1947 Atlas was left in his shed he used to share with Alfred outside the village. Preservationists found him in the 50’s and he was left in the-
Because the MSR never closed The Skarloey Railway never acquires Peter Sam and Sir Handel. Instead Jerry is sent there on a permanent loan and Stuart and Falcon were loaned to them until 1960 when Duncan arrived.
The Earl’s father Charles Henry Norramby was killed in North Africa during WW2 by jumping ontop a grenade to save his men. Robert Charles became leader of the regiment right after and travelled across the globe after the war.
Jennings is a Fletcher Jennings Class B he arrived on the Arle Valley Tramway in 1866. He was the wisest and most kind engine Duke had ever met and he mentored Duke during his early years. However when Smudger arrived Jennings was scrapped and now only his whistle remains.
Duke was officially named The Duke when he was built and had the a nameplate reading that name. When he was rebuilt to have a saddletank his namplates were removed and now are hung on the wall of his shed.
In 1953 when the passenger services were restored voulenteers from Sodor, Man and even England all came to help in the restoration of the line. All those friends Duke had made didn’t forget him and his line.
Mister Gauld Peters a famous artist from Arlesburgh painted a portrait of Duke after his overhaul in 1930. A copy of this portrait is the one we see in the tvs. His other works are showing the MSR during the 30’s-the 60’s.
None of the MSR coaches have names except the two Pullman Observation coaches named after The Duke and Duchess of Boxford. Gertrude and Millicent aren’t MSR coaches they’re very obviously a TR design. Christopher messed up.